Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Purple Scotch Tape Mani

My first design! I know it's wednesday, but I have been dying to try this out! Okay so, this is my inspiration. (<--- click it!) I love love love this blog and think it is just wonderful. I didn't have much time to put together a good idea so I used one of these, no credit to me besides the color scheme! So go check the link out! Well, on to the mani!

I just painted my nails with Belle Of The Ball by Confetti, 2 coats. Wait until it's dry to the touch to go onto step 2.
Then I cut a piece of scotch tape with fancy sissors to make a design. I taped off part of the nail with scotch tape (press the tape on your palm to get the stickiness off, so it won't pull the first coat) and painted the side Park Ave by NYC In A Minute. It's a great color and dries super quick. (**tape of the part that you DON'T want to be painted**)
So, after the Park Ave dries, I taped off the nail again leaving half of the purple part left and painted it using Wild Orchid by Wet n Wild (Wild Shine). I absolutly adore this color. 

And then just do all the other nails, and Ta Daaaa!, an amazing purple-y colored mani.

P.S- my nails are super short right now :P
~Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment